Club Head Coach
The Ottawa Fusion Volleyball Club is pleased to announce a call for applicants for the position of Club Head Coach and Technical Director. This is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on building the premier volleyball experience in the country.
The Head Coach holds a key leadership position within the Club. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining programs for the club, identifying, and developing high performance athletes and nurturing coaching excellence in the club.
Provide guidance and development for the Ottawa Fusion Volleyball Club to be the leader in the development and delivery of quality, performance-based programs at the highest competitive level in the province.
Ottawa Fusion Volleyball Club Programs
The Ottawa Fusion Volleyball Club provides developmental, competitive indoor and beach volleyball programs in the National Capital region for youths aged 6-18. Our competitive indoor and beach teams participate in the Ontario Volleyball Association cumulating annually in the Ontario and Canadian Championships.
The Head coach will report to the President.
Roles and Responsibilities
Coaching – 65% of time.
- Head coach for at least one senior, elite indoor team or group of identified athletes.
- Head coach beach program
- Head coach of advanced summer training camp
- Provide coaching support and development sessions for coaches and athletes
Outreach, Recruitment and Talent identification – 5% of time.
- Develop and supervise competitive tryout program
- Outreach to schools and the community
- Support graduating athletes with ongoing volleyball opportunities (e.g. uni/college programs)
Program development – 15% of time.
- Program development of current and new programs to expand base, increase visibility of sport, involve more demographics, etc. Standardize criteria, evaluation and delivery methodology for progressive skill development across ages.
- Work with OVA and Regional development and Volleyball Canada Centre of Excellence programs to ensure Fusion training is aligned with best in class.
- Develop a sport science program for athletic training of volleyball players (video analysis, nutrition, fitness, mental preparation, etc.)
Coaching Development – 15% of time.
- Recruit coaches
- Train, evaluate and mentor coaches, both for competitive and development programs
- Facilitate coaching clinics
- Ensure coaches to take the required training and professional development programs
- NCCP Volleyball Comp-HP coaching certification
- Experience developing short and long-term athletic excellence
- Experience in developing coaches, plans and strategies
- Valid driver’s license, police screening clearance (including vulnerable sector), willingness to travel
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during indoor season, days during summer program.
- Participate in professional development (OVA, VC, CAC, etc.)
- Teaching ability and training philosophy.
- Ability to motivate and encourage.
- Volleyball skill competency.
- Critical thinker and self-motivated.
- Experience leading athletes, teams, and coaches.
Workload varies with seasonality of the sport. Evenings and some weekends are required during the September-May indoor season, weekday programs run in the summer months. Estimated workload is 30-40 hours per week.
Interested applicants are asked to submit the following materials in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volleyball resume and personal statement (covering letter)
- Three volleyball letters of reference
Thank you to all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Ottawa Fusion Volleyball Club
The Ottawa Fusion Volleyball Club was formed prior to the 2009-2010 club season as the result of a merger (aka FUSION) of two of Ottawa’s oldest clubs, The Ottawa Kangaroos and the National Capitals Volleyball Club. Since the inaugural season, the club has continued to grow, offering competitive indoor, beach and developmental programs. Now, entering our 15th year of programming, Fusion is excited to continue its tradition of “changing the game” with this key role.
The Ottawa Fusion Volleyball Club is a 100% Not For Profit organization.
Talk to us!
We would love to hear about your experience with Ottawa Fusion Volleyball Club!